Looking for something to do this October? Lexington and Central Kentucky is filled with activities and opportunities for every fall! Please see the information below if you are looking for something fun and exciting!
- Hiking in the Daniel Boone National Forrest, world famous Red River Gorge, or Lexington’s own Raven Run Nature Sanctuary will offer a great opportunity to see the beautiful colors of fall and Kentucky’s natural landscapes.
- Keeneland Race Track – the 2015 Fall Meet, running from October 2nd-24th will show off Kentucky’s world famous Thoroughbred racing. Even if you don’t like to gamble, Keeneland is a beautiful piece of Kentucky history that is a beauty in itself. For a rare experience, head to Keeneland for the world renowned Breeder’s Cup Championships on October 30th and 31st.
- University of Kentucky Football – located just 2 miles from Chinoe Creek, Commonwealth Stadium is set to host three home football games for the University of Kentucky this month.
- October 3, 7:30 pm – UK vs Eastern Kentucky University
- October 15, 7:00 pm – UK vs Auburn University (rare Thursday night game)
- October 31, TBA – UK vs Tennessee (lots of tradition, huge rivalry – will UK end the losing streak this year?!)
- Boyd’s Orchard – Located to the west of Lexington, Boyd’s Orchard offers a true fall experience. Visit them for fresh fall produce, decorations, apple cider, events for all ages, and much more!
- Fright Nights at Jacobson Park – Looking for a fun time with friends getting scared in the woods? Visit Jacobson park’s haunted trails on any Thursday – Sunday during October. Thursday and Sunday hours are from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Friday and Saturday hours are 7:30 pm to midnight.
- To satisfy your sweet tooth, stop by Chinoe Creek’s leasing office on the week of Halloween for a tasty treat (or trick!)